Real Food Real Health is a neighbourhood healthy living programme supporting the community to better manage their weight and (if applicable) diabetes.
- Do you need additional support in managing your weight, health and (if applicable) diabetes?
- Would you like to connect, share and learn from others who may have faced similar challenges to yourself?
- Would you like to try a different approach in a safe and encouraging environment using a whole food, strength-based approach that you can tailor to suit your needs and values?
- Would you like to learn how to maintain lifestyle changes to suit your life, environment and priorities?
The course is designed and led by neighbourhood dietitians and health coaches and is completely free to those registered in local GP surgeries (listed below).
8-week course: These courses run term-time only, 3 times a year and take you through a journey with a group of others where you get to explore your health, diet, goals and how to make lifestyle changes that are sustainable. See below for a video recap of the first sessions
Community Group – not yet started, possibly from October: Monthly 1.5-hour sessions to catch up on our progress and set goals and cover various topics related to health, wellbeing, weight loss and diabetes. The group decide what topics we cover and supports shaping what the group becomes. It’s for anyone looking to learn more or those who have already attended the course and are looking to continue their connection with the community, maintain motivation, learn new things and support others on their journey.
This is open to all adults registered at these local GP practices:
- Wilmslow Road Medical Centre
- Parkside Surgery
- Vallance Medical
- Dickenson Road Medical Practice
- Surrey Lodge Group Practice
- Longsight Medical Practice
- Ardwick Medical Practice
- Drs Ngan
- Ailsa Craig Medical Practice.
If you feel ready to commit to the 8-week course or would like to find out more about the community group please click here to fill in an application form: