Use this service to register your type 1 opt out preference.
The data held in your GP medical records is shared with other healthcare professionals for the purposes of your individual care. It is also shared with other organisations to support health and care planning and research.
If you do not want your personally identifiable patient data to be shared outside of your GP surgery for purposes except your own care, you can register an opt-out with your GP surgery. This is known as a Type 1 Opt-out.
Type 1 Opt-outs may be discontinued in the future. If this happens then they may be turned into a National Data Opt-out. Your GP surgery will tell you if this is going to happen and if you need to do anything. More information about the National Data Opt-out is here: www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters.
You can use this service if you:
- are registered at the surgery
- want to register a Type 1 Opt-out, for yourself or for a dependent (if you are the parent or legal guardian of the patient) (to Opt-out)
- want to withdraw an existing Type 1 Opt-out, for yourself or a dependent (if you are the parent or legal guardian of the patient) if you have changed your preference (Opt-in)
Before you start
We’ll ask you for:
- your first and last name, date of birth, sex, postcode, email and phone number
- if applicable, the details of the person you are completing the form on behalf of