A group of volunteer patients, carers and surgery staff who meet regularly to discuss and support the running of the surgery.
Patient Participation Groups look at the services offered, patient experience and how improvements can be made for the benefit of everyone.
Each Patient Participation Group is different, but they all have the aim of making sure that the surgery puts the patient, and improving health, at the heart of everything it does.
Purpose of a Patient Participation Group
- to give patients and practice staff the opportunity to meet and discuss topics of mutual interest
- to provide a means for patients to become more involved and make suggestions about the healthcare services they receive
- to explore issues from patient complaints and patient surveys, contribute to actions plans and help monitor improvements
- to contribute feedback to the practice on national patient survey results and friends and family test feedback to propose developments or change
- to support health awareness and patient education
Join our Patient Participation Group
All registered patients are able to join our Patient Participation Group. People of all genders, ages, ethnicities, and those with health conditions and disabilities are encouraged to join.
Members should as far as possible, be representative of the surgery population.
- fill out a join our Patient Participation Group form
- phone us on 0161 256 4488 or 0161 226 7615
- visit the surgery